Is divorce mediation for you?by Atty. Jablonski on 07/26/11
Divorce is very difficult no matter who is involved and no matter what the circumstances are. Mediation in divorce matters can be a very effective and less expensive way to resolve the issues that must be decided to complete the process. Every situation is different so you should consider the following questions when deciding to choose mediation:
- Do both parties agree that divorce is the next step?
- Are there children involved who would be harmed by a long, bitter court case?
- Are both parties able to communicate their ideas and opinions to the mediator, even with some assistance?
- Is the mediator someone who is trained in mediation?
- Is the mediator an attorney, or someone who knows about the requirement s of the court?
Choosing mediation in divorce is often the best option for family members to maintain communication and cooperation needed for the present and future success of their family.